Saturday, June 16, 2007

Austin Tejas

Here I am in the capital of Texas. After an interesting day of travel yesterday myself, Frank and Yosvany made it to Austin. We missed out flight out of Atlanta because there were thousands of people all traveling at the same time, all going through security at the same time too. I have never seen so many people in an airport. They had to route us all the way through the baggage claim, through the lobby and practiacally back again before we even got to the back an forth lines. We missed out flight by about 10 minutes but it ended up being better in the end. We got a direct flight to Austin instead of having to take a detour through Houston, and our bags made it there before us. I don't know how it happened but it worked out for the best.

My good friend Emily Tennison lives here. She grew up here and so I will have a personal tour guide to show me around Austin for the week. She is great. Too bad she is attached....

I'm hoping that the weather will stay dry so for the crit. The Doppler radar shows a blob of green with little red and yellow patches in it (that means really heavy rain) coming right toward Austin. It could be an epic crit tonight.

No comments: